Saturday, July 28, 2012

Focus of the Artist



I gain my inspiration from the natural world. I feel we are increasingly living in a time where it is prevalent for people to be disconnected from nature and thus have ceased to understand its importance in our daily lives. We must remind ourselves of the beauty and complexity in the simplicity of nature and how to measure our lives by its elements, its truth, its starkness, density, and in its elaborate design. We forget to be affected by its incredibility and to notice how magnificent and spectacular is the magnitude of the earth’s daily metamorphosis. We are meant to live near to it, and work to its patterns, and by taking the time to reflect in it, we reflect on ourselves.

Through my work I aim to connect people to nature. My effort is in attempt to depict the detail, the intricacies, the elaborate compositions that are all around us, give a feast for the eyes, the soul, the mind, and point out what is so regularly taken for granted.

I never grow tired of landscape, and continue to explore and develop ways to demonstrate our surrounds in their most vibrant, rugged, and spectacular array. 

My work is directly inspired by the places I have lived, breathed and loved throughout my life.Having always strived to immerse myself with completeness into my surrounds, I am able to draw upon a rich and varied scope of vibrant images that have become entrenched into my being. I use the energy extracted from my daily immersions into the local landscape to compose my canvas and illuminate it with native life. With a strong background in conservation and native forest restoration I also take great care to represent only the indigenous flora and fauna of an area depicted in my work.


My most recent body of work has been dedicated to the incredible landscapes of New Zealand and South Africa, but now I am turning my efforts for a time to a separate theme, and finally beginning a project that has long been composting in the creative tank, the release can be expected by July next year. So until that time my studio over flow and commission acceptance will be limited but, am feeling very positive and driven to commit whole heartedly to this project and hope that it will be well received in completion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment