Saturday, June 11, 2011

South Africa Inspiration



South Africa speaks to my soul. Inundated with endless inspiration that I am busy tapping into by immersing myself in its vibrant elements! The surf, the beaches, the mountains, the fynbos in its tremendous variety, wild life.. the capricious wind and weather of Cape Town with its daily metamorphosis and spectacular and intense displays of nature.. Well I cannot get enough and am finding it necessary to pull myself from the surf, hang my mountain bike up, and force myself into the studio in order to turn some of those inspiring absortions and extractions into something visual!






Dias.. putting inspiration into view





Over 9,000 different species of Fynbos florish in the Western Cape..

I've got my work cut out for me!





My garden studio looks onto the surrounding mountains where believe it or not I watch baboons play on the hill sides all throughout the day.





Along with my South Africa emergance, I am being kept very busy with commissions and creating new work for galleries in New Zealand and upcoming exhibitions and competitions. The "New Zealand Art Show" and the "Emerging Artist Awards" approaching quickly with July.







"Tiro Whites"





Piha is Paradise


No comments:

Post a Comment